BBVSH is very pleased to welcome Dr. Evan Crawford to the Boundary Bay Specialty Surgery Team! The addition of Dr. Crawford has increased the availability of specialty surgery services for the referring veterinary community, their clients, and most importantly their patients.
Dr. Evan Crawford is returning to BC after some years to pursue his veterinary education. He originally grew up on Vancouver Island, and progressively moved east with stops in Saskatoon, Madison, WI and Guelph, but is ecstatic to be back on the coast again both to be closer to family, and also to the wide variety of outdoor recreation available.
Outside of work, he enjoys primarily hiking and kayaking, but is equally happy on a bicycle (road or mountain), or a snowboard. Most of the time he is accompanied by both of his two big black dogs, one each from Wisconsin and Ontario.
Dr. Crawford enjoys all aspects of surgery, but also has some specific interest in minimally invasive surgical options including laparoscopy and arthroscopy in particular. Dr. Crawford offers a full range of surgical options including orthopaedic and soft tissue surgeries including:
- All areas of oncologic surgery
- Trauma and emergency surgeries
- Gastrointestinal and hepatic procedures
- Fracture repair
- Elective orthopaedics (including stifles and elbows)
- Thoracic, head and neck surgery
- Airway corrections
- Minimally invasive surgeries including:
- Laparoscopic ovariectomy
- Liver biopsy
- Laparoscope assisted cystotomy
- Completely laparoscopic prophylactic gastropexy