Dr. Evan Crawford is returning to BC after some years to pursue his veterinary education. He originally grew up on Vancouver Island, and progressively moved east with stops in Saskatoon, Madison, WI and Guelph, but is ecstatic to be back on the coast again both to be closer to family, and also to the wide variety of outdoor recreation available. Outside of work, he enjoys primarily hiking and kayaking, but is equally happy on a bicycle (road or mountain), or a snowboard. Most of the time he is accompanied by both of his two big black dogs, one each from Wisconsin and Ontario.
Dr. Crawford enjoys all aspects of surgery, but also has some specific interest in minimally invasive surgical options including Laparoscopy and Arthroscopy in particular.
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- University of Victoria, Bachelor of Science honors in chemistry, with Distinction
- University of British Columbia, Master of Science in Geological Sciences
- University of Saskatchewan, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine with Distinction
- University of Madison – Wisconsin, Rotating Internship in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery
- University of Guelph, Residency in Small Animal Surgery
- University of Guelph, Doctor of Veterinary Science
- AOVEt Abstract Award Winner, ACVS Surgical Summit
- Ontario Graduate Fellowship
- Harry and Lorna Robins Memorial Scholarship
- Pfizer First General Proficiency Award
- ACVS Award in Small Animal Surgery
Impact of polymethylmethacrylate additives on methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus pseudintermedius biofilm formation in vitro. AJVR, 2015
Laparoscopic-assisted extirpation of falciform ligament hemangiosarcoma in a dog. CVJ, 2015
Identification of appropriate reference genes for quantitative polymerase chain reaction studies in Staphylococcus pseudintermedius and preliminary assessment of gene expression in biofilm-embedded bacteria.
BMC Research Notes, 2014.