A letter from Dr. Vogt to ER vets everywhere
LOOKING FOR LOCUMS, PART-TIME, AND FULL-TIME ER DOCTORS
My name is Dr. Emily Vogt. I’m an ER veterinarian on the team at Boundary Bay Veterinary Specialty Hospital, located in Langley, BC, just outside of Vancouver. I’m reaching out because our growing Emergency & Critical Care department needs you! BBVSH needs more ER doctors motivated to enhance their level of care, work side-by-side with our board-certified Criticalists and other specialists, and save lives!
- Many opportunities:
- Locum or part-time work to help boost your confidence to handle challenging cases and emergencies you might see in your regular practice.
- Full-time career opportunities to immerse yourself in complex emergencies and cases.
- Independently owned (no corporate headaches).
- Amazing chance to work with and be mentored by our two boarded Criticalists. I can personally attest to how valuable this is from a learning and career perspective.
- Certified VECCS Level 1 facility (the highest of VECCS’ three certification levels and only the SECOND Level 1 in Canada).
- Provisional Trauma Center (which is a VetCOT initiative that recognizes veterinary specialty centers that exemplify the team-based approach to trauma care).
- Multiple specialties – great camaraderie. These specialists ACTUALLY work together and you can learn from them.
- Nervous about your skill set? We offer on-boarding directly with our board-certified critical care specialists.
- Signing bonuses, moving allowances, and immigration assistance available.
- Based in beautiful British Columbia with world-class outdoor and recreational opportunities Who doesn’t want to live where you can ski and hang out on a beach all in the same day??
WHAT MY COLLEAGUES SAY
Here’s a recruiting video we made especially for emergency veterinarians who may be looking for a new place to land:
BUT WAIT…THERE’S MORE
Here’s more information about this career opportunity and the lifestyle perks of living in one of the most beautiful areas in the world.
You are welcome to reach out to me if you have any questions. My email is ebvet (at) icloud (dot) com.
If you’re very interested in ER career opportunities at Boundary Bay, you are invited to fill out this preliminary questionnaire to kick start the process. And send me your CV!
Dr. Emily Vogt
ebvet (at) icloud (dot) com