26 May BBVSH welcomes new, full-time board-certified veterinary radiologist
Dr. PJ Hamel is the new full-time board-certified veterinary radiologist at Boundary Bay Specialty Veterinary Hospital and is now available for diagnostic imaging consults for referring veterinarians in the Vancouver Lower Mainland and throughout British Columbia.
“My commitment to our referring veterinarians in BC is to help you and your clients make the best imaging modality choice” said Dr. Hamel, “and to oversee the quality control of all studies performed to assure that diagnostic yield and value are maximized for patients”
- Board certified (Diplomate, ACVR) radiologist educated at the University of Florida (Residency, diagnostic imaging) and Tufts University (DVM) where he made Honors Society and received the ACVR Award.
- Completed one year clinical internship at Tufts University in companion animal medicine and surgery; followed by three years of specialty training in comparative veterinary diagnostic imaging.
- Passionate about collaborating with other veterinarians to make the most of diagnostic imaging technologies (e.g. radiography; fluoroscopy; ultrasound; computed tomography – CT; and MRI).
- Enjoys all diagnostic modalities and has a specific interest and specialty training in image-guided interventions.
REFERRAL SERVICES AVAILABLE
- General veterinary diagnostic imaging interpretation (outpatient ultrasounds, radiographs, CT, MRI)
- Diagnostic ultrasound (abdominal, vascular, musculoskeletal, and non-cardiac thoracic studies)
- Image-guided needle aspiration and biopsy (via ultrasound, CT, or fluoroscopy)
- Ultrasound-guided injection (PRP; stem cells)
- Ultrasound- and CT-guided drain placement
- Intra-operative ultrasound support (with our surgeons)
- Interventional Radiology (IR) / Interventional Endoscopy (IE) support (with our internist, cardiologist & surgeons)
THE RIGHT TOOLS
- 64 slice CT Scanner on-site
- 1.5 Terabyte MRI on-site
- Digital radiographs
- Watch our full hospital tour at bbvsh.com/tour
Referring veterinary clinics / animal hospitals are invited to download and print our “Meet our new Radiologist” flyer to share within your clinic. Please reach out to Michelle Floris, our Veterinary Outreach Rep, at mfloris <at> bbvsh<dot>com to request a hard copy of this flyer or to ask questions.
HOW TO REQUEST A REFERRAL
- Pet owners: Please rely on the advice of your family vet or ask them about BBVSH’s services.
- You can use our outpatient ultrasound referral request form.
- For teleradiology, please call Jen K. at 604-514-8383 to set up direct transfer of images to our serve or to facilitate DICOM or hard copy radiograph transfer.
Boundary Bay Veterinary Specialty Hospital – a Provisional Trauma Center – is a specialty, emergency and critical care veterinary hospital based in Langley, BC, but serving the Lower Mainland (including Vancouver, the North Shore, Burnaby, Richmond, etc). We provide specialized veterinary medical care, provided by board-certified specialists, and 24/7 emergency vet services.