BBVSH welcomes new, full-time veterinary internal medicine specialist
Our new internist, Dr. Kimberly Hooi, is ready to provide you with highly collaborative diagnostic and therapeutic advice
BBVSH is proud to announce that Dr. Kimberly Hooi is the new full-time board-certified veterinary internist at Boundary Bay Specialty Veterinary Hospital and is now available for internal medicine consults for referring veterinarians and cat & dog owners in the Vancouver Lower Mainland and throughout British Columbia.
“My commitment is to comprehensively evaluate your patients’ information prior to referral and to make diagnostic and therapeutic recommendations that allow for ongoing collaboration in patient care and management” said Dr. Hooi.
- Hooi’s special interests include interventional radiology and endoscopy, specifically urinary and respiratory minimally invasive procedures.
- Hooi worked as a professor at the University of Illinois and the University of Montreal and has worked in private specialty practice in Australia.
REFERRAL SERVICES AVAILABLE
- Hooi is available for veterinary internal medicine referrals.
- Did you know?: Internal medicine specialists are specialty trained to perform advanced diagnostics and therapeutics and to create treatment plans to manage patients who have diseases that are not easily diagnosed, that do not respond to standard treatments, or that have multiple disorders.
Referring veterinary clinics / animal hospitals are invited to download and print our “Meet our new Internist” flyer to share within your clinic. Please reach out to Michelle Floris, our Veterinary Outreach Rep, at mfloris<at>bbvsh<dot>com to request a hard copy of this flyer or to ask questions.
HOW TO REQUEST A INTERNAL MEDICINE REFERRAL
- Pet owners:Please rely on the advice of your family vet or ask them about BBVSH’s services.
- You can use our referral request form (available as an online form or printable PDF)
- If you are new to referring to BBVSH, please reach out to Michelle Floris, our veterinary outreach representative at mfloris<at>bbvsh<dot>com for assistance.
Boundary Bay Veterinary Specialty Hospital – a Provisional Trauma Center – is a specialty, emergency and critical care veterinary hospital based in Langley, BC, but serving the Lower Mainland . We provide specialized veterinary medical care, provided by board-certified specialists and 24/7 emergency vet services to dog and cat owners in Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, Delta, Tsawwassen, Surrey, Coquitlam, Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows, Port Moody, etc). Watch a tour of our animal hospital in Langley, BC.