11 Apr The Heron Hot Sheet – April 2020
An update for our community of referring veterinarians in British Columbia
- We are OPEN 24/7 for ALL Veterinary Emergencies & Critical Care.
- Walk-ins welcome; no referral required.
- Accepting direct transfers and emergency referrals for all services.
- ER supported by on-staff board-certified criticalist and supported 24/7 by our board-certified specialists in surgery, neurology, oncology, internal medicine and radiology.
- More info at bbvsh.com/er
- OUTPATIENT ULTRASOUNDS available with our NEW full-time Radiologist.
- Dr. PJ Hamel, DACVR, board-certified veterinary radiologists has joined BBVSH full-time as of April 1st.
- Outpatient ultrasounds and other radiology services are available NOW.
- Call to discuss the best imaging modality for your patient (U/S, CT, MRI).
- NEW Internal Medicine Specialist
- Dr. Kimberly Hooi, DACVIM has joined BBVSH as of April 1st.
- Accepting referrals and new patients NOW
- We are open during COVID
- We are following COVID guidelines set out by the College and are practicing social distancing.
- Specialty appointments are available; we will prioritize “essential/urgent” cases
- Full details and protocols at bbvsh.com/covid19
EXCITING NEWS TO SHARE
- Veterinary Outreach Representative
- Michelle Floris: mfloris (at) bbvsh (dot) com
- This new role is specifically to strengthen the communication and relationship between Boundary Bay and your veterinary business.
- 2nd Board-Certified Criticalist: A second full-time veteriary criticalist starting in May.
- NEW cardiologist: Full-time veteriary cardiologist in BC starting in May.
DID YOU KNOW?
- We are no longer affiliated with AECFV.
- We welcome you to send your patients with an emergency directly to Boundary Bay Veterinary Specialty Hospital where they will be attended to by ER doctors supported by board-certified criticalists and will have timely access to specialty care 24/7 if needed.
- We are located in Langley (near 64th Ave. & 204 St.) Main entrance faces Costco.
REQUESTS: LET’S WORK TOGETHER TO HELP PET OWNERS
- Voicemail: Please add us to your after-hours “For emergencies…” voicemail.
- Website: Please add our location/map to the “For emergencies…” on your website.
- Materials: Ask Michelle for fridge magnets, direction postcards, etc. to help your clients.