23 Sep The Heron Hot Sheet – September 2020
Useful updates for our community of referring veterinarians | September 2020 | Sign up for email delivery
Oncology 5 days per week
Two board-certified Oncologists available to decrease wait times for your clients
Most referrals seen within 1-2 weeks of referral
*Urgent and emergent cases will be prioritized
- We aim to educate your clients on the cancer treatment process with the goal of bringing them hope and peace of mind.
- We’re not just focused on more days for your patients, we’re focused on more good days for both the pets and owners.
- An optimized, customized chemotherapy treatment plan is tailored to each pet by a Board-certified Oncologist.
How can an Oncologist help your clients?
- Individualized chemotherapy protocols
- Pharmacokinetic-based dosing of chemotherapy
- Immunological and biological treatments
- Merial Melanoma Vaccine
- Consults for appropriateness of surgery and/or radiation
- Nutritional support
- Pain management
- Palliative care
- 24-hour emergency care
What kinds of cases might benefit from a referral to Oncology?
- Mast cell tumor
- Transitional cell carcinoma
- Anal sac/perianal tumors
- Any type of type of cancer
- Undiagnosed masses/tumors
Meet our Oncologists
“To our veterinary colleagues, my commitment is to be available so you can get me on the phone to discuss a mutual case – or even a potential case- with respect and collaboration.”
– Dr. Sarah Charney
“To our partner veterinarians, my commitment is be your partner; to keep the lines of communication open and to address the care of your patient together as a team.”
– Dr. Chamisa Herrera
Request a Referral
Request Fresh Supplies
Contact Michelle Floris, our veterinary outreach rep, for new supplies such as brochures, direction postcards, magnets or window clings.