The Heron Hot Sheet – September 2020
Useful updates for our community of referring veterinarians | September 2020 | Sign up for email delivery
Oncology 5 days per week
Two board-certified Oncologists available to decrease wait times for your clients
Most referrals seen within 1-2 weeks of referral
*Urgent and emergent cases will be prioritized
- We aim to educate your clients on the cancer treatment process with the goal of bringing them hope and peace of mind.
- We’re not just focused on more days for your patients, we’re focused on more good days for both the pets and owners.
- An optimized, customized chemotherapy treatment plan is tailored to each pet by a Board-certified Oncologist.
How can an Oncologist help your clients?
- Individualized chemotherapy protocols
- Pharmacokinetic-based dosing of chemotherapy
- Immunological and biological treatments
- Merial Melanoma Vaccine
- Consults for appropriateness of surgery and/or radiation
- Nutritional support
- Pain management
- Palliative care
- 24-hour emergency care
What kinds of cases might benefit from a referral to Oncology?
- Mast cell tumor
- Transitional cell carcinoma
- Anal sac/perianal tumors
- Any type of type of cancer
- Undiagnosed masses/tumors
Meet our Oncologists
“To our veterinary colleagues, my commitment is to be available so you can get me on the phone to discuss a mutual case – or even a potential case- with respect and collaboration.”
– Dr. Sarah Charney
“To our partner veterinarians, my commitment is be your partner; to keep the lines of communication open and to address the care of your patient together as a team.”
– Dr. Chamisa Herrera
Request a Referral
Learn how to request an emergency, specialty or critical care referral.
Request Fresh Supplies
Contact Michelle Floris, our veterinary outreach rep, for new supplies such as brochures, direction postcards, magnets or window clings.