Chronic Small Intestinal Diarrhea: Cat versus Dog
Recorded Date: January 19th, 2023
Who: Veterinarians and veterinary technicians in British Columbia and beyond!
What: A free RACE-approved CE event (1 hour CE certificate)
How: Watch recording
Topic:Chronic Small Intestinal Diarrhea: Cat versus Dog
In this RACE-approved veterinary CE presentation, one of BBVSH’s board-certified Internal Medicine Specialist, Dr. Geert Paes, will delve into the condition of chronic diarrhea in small animals, specifically, cats and dogs .
- To know the differences between dogs and cats regarding the occurrence of underlying disease processes for chronic small intestinal diarrhea.
- To know what diagnostics to perform in dogs and cats with chronic small intestinal diarrhea.
- To have the knowledge to determine the correct moment for taking biopsies of the gastrointestinal tract and to know which factors to take into account when deciding how to take these biopsies (endoscopically or surgically).
Reasons to Watch
- Meet our veterinary outreach representative, Michelle Floris
- Successfully answer a quiz to earn a 1 hour CE certificate from BBVSH
About the Presenter
Geert Paes is originally from Belgium, where she graduated as a veterinarian in 2006 and completed her specialty training in small animal internal medicine. She is a European specialist of the College of Small Animal Internal Medicine (ECVIM-ca). She worked at the University of veterinary medicine in Ghent, Belgium until 2012.
Geert is passionate about her job. She loves to figure out challenging cases, to find the missing pieces of the puzzle, to be able to provide the owner with answers and to create a connection with the animal as well as the owner. She has worked as a locum veterinarian in several clinics (general practice and emergency medicine) in the Lower Mainland, before finding her home at BBVSH at the start of 2017. She has also experience as a telemedicine consultant and teacher for a Belgian veterinary laboratory as well as for Evidensia Netherlands. She also started an online learning platform for veterinarians (www.onlinevettraining.com).