Recorded Date: August 17th, 2021
Who: Veterinarians and veterinary technicians in British Columbia and beyond!
What: A free, live RACE-approved CE event (1 hour CE certificate)
How: Watch recording
Topic: Oral Tumors
During this CE presentation, Dr. Chamisa Herrera, DVM, MS, DACVIM (Oncology) will be focusing on common canine and feline oral tumors. The presentation will include the recommended staging and diagnostics tests for these tumors, different tumor types, as well as what treatment options are available and prognosis for the pet.
- Exploring the recommended staging and diagnostic tests for feline and canine oral tumors.
- Explaining in detail the different tumor types that are seen.
- Outlining what treatment options are available for pets as well as the prognosis that could be given.
Reasons to Watch
- Meet our veterinary outreach representative, Michelle Floris
- Successfully answer a quiz to earn a 1 hour CE certificate from BBVSH
About the Presenter
Originally from rural New Mexico, Dr. Chamisa Herrera fell in love with the Pacific Northwest when she moved to Washington State as a child. Before joining BBVSH, Dr. Herrera worked for a successful referral hospital in Seattle, WA. She made the move to BBVSH in 2018 because she wanted to work for a privately-owned practice who put patients and their people first. Dr. Herrera is committed to providing evidence-based, whole patient, collaborative care for patients with cancer. She enjoys educating pet owners about the diagnosis and empowering them with options, while always prioritizing quality of life for dogs and cats with cancer.
Off duty, Dr. Herrera owns a small hobby farm in Bellingham, WA with her wife and 2 young daughters. On the weekends they can be found tending to the farm animals or hiking/kayaking/camping in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. She has a dog, cat, and a menagerie of farm animals.