16 Jul BBVSH welcomes second, full-time criticalist
RDVMs can think of our new certified criticalist as an extension of your team; now providing 7 day/week board-certified ECC coverage
Dr. Meghan Harmon, DVM, DACECC, has joined BBVSH’s emergency critical care team in a full-time capacity as our second on-staff board-certified criticalist; providing even more critical care coverage to our 24 / 7 emergency veterinary hospital.
For referring veterinarians in Vancouver Lower Mainland and throughout British Columbia, this translates into peace-of-mind; knowing that there’s a criticalist on staff whenever you refer a patient to us.
“To our referring partner veterinarians, my commitment is to work as a team to provide the best care for our patients during and after an emergency or critical care visit” said Dr. Harmon.
- Meghan Harmon is board-certified in Emergency and Critical Care Medicine.
- She has a special interest in coagulation and performed platelet function research as a clinical instructor at the University of Missouri.
- She also started specialized coagulation testing programs in both academia and private practice.
- Her clinical interests also include: polytrauma, neonatal medicine, transfusion medicine, immune mediated diseases (immune mediated thrombocytopenia and anemia), acute and severe congestive heart failure, and endocrine emergencies (such as Addisonian crisis).
REFERRAL SERVICES AVAILABLE
- Harman is available for veterinary critical care referrals.
- Did you know? Boundary Bay Veterinary Specialty Hospital has 2 board-certified emergency and critical care specialists which allows us to provide 7 day/week specialty critical care coverage and oversight of our emergency service.
Referring veterinary clinics / animal hospitals are invited to download and print our “Meet our new Criticalist” flyer to share within your clinic. Please reach out to Michelle Floris, our Veterinary Outreach Rep, at mfloris<at>bbvsh<dot>com to request a hard copy of this flyer or to ask questions.
HOW TO REQUEST A CRITICAL CARE REFERRAL
- Pet owners:Please rely on the advice of your family vet or ask them about BBVSH’s services.
- You can use our referral request form (available as an online form or printable PDF)
- If you are new to referring to BBVSH, please reach out to Michelle Floris, our veterinary outreach representative at mfloris<at>bbvsh<dot>com for assistance.
Boundary Bay Veterinary Specialty Hospital – a Provisional Trauma Center – is a specialty, emergency and critical care veterinary hospital based in Langley, BC, but serving the Lower Mainland (including Vancouver, the North Shore, Burnaby, Richmond, etc). We provide specialized veterinary medical care, provided by board-certified specialists, and 24/7 emergency vet services. Watch a tour of our animal hospital in Langley, BC.